Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Home and Office


 Our research office is also a home to the project manager (me). Our building has two floors. The second floor contains the work area, kitchen, my room, office, and bathroom. The first floor has an additional couple of extra bedrooms and a living room-turned-weight room.

Despite the impression the photos below may give some, I really like the set up. I have just enough of the bare necessities to live simple yet comfortably. Other frills I would have thought "necessities" like a fridge, I've learned to do without. Much of the work our field staff does is...in the field. Our mornings start with a team meeting at 8 am in the main office. By 9 am, usually everyone except our lawyer and myself remain in the office. Work ends at 5 but the staff do not come back until the next day. My boss has given me the green light to repaint the office and get a new couch. Once I get settled in more, I plan on clearing some junk out of the office. However, it serves its purpose fine.

My mattress is comfortable and the shower has warm water: That's all I need!


My Personal Office. Lower back support + good jazz + strong instant coffee = productive day.
Rechargeable LED light. A life saver during blackouts.
Back in Montreal, my gym was a block away from home. This one's even closer.

Main Office (angle 1). Where the magic happens. Fun fact: all wooden furniture & couch built by local carpenter.

Main Office (angle 2)


Bless that net.

Messy boy.

Indoor plumbing is still a rarity in these parts so I have no complaints.

Shower

Shower floor. Warning: Failure to wear flip flops = fungus among us

Kitchen (angle 1)

On the menu tonight: pasta and fried potatoes

Kitchen (angle 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment